Friday, February 6, 2015

Living on Mission and Ditching My Self-ish Kingdom

Living on Mission and Ditching My Self-ish Kingdom

We all live by rules of a kingdom. The question is: which kingdom – my kingdom or the Kingdom of God?

The rules of my kingdom are pretty simple. What do I want? What makes me happy? What gets me where I want to go? My kingdom is very self-ish.

Jesus is teaching us in Matthew 5 that the rules of His Kingdom are much different than people expect. The rules of His Kingdom go beyond external behavior. The rules of His Kingdom extend to the heart, the thoughts, and the motives. The rules of His Kingdom require us to deny ourselves and lay down our lives for others. His Kingdom is very self-less.

This week we’re talking about choosing love over lust. Love is the result of choosing the way of the Kingdom of God. Love is focused on others. Lust is the result of choosing my kingdom. Lust is all about me. It’s about what I want, when I want it.

Let’s practice Living on Mission by ditching our own self-ish kingdom and embracing His self-less Kingdom.

Pastor Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!