Forgiveness is a Four-Letter Word: LOVE.
This coming weekend in our services I want to lead you through a workshop on forgiveness when we will go through the steps needed to forgive others and to ourselves. Here’s why:
- We’re fresh off the heels of our gentleness series. Often, a lack of gentleness is linked to a lack of forgiveness.
- There are some common myths about forgiveness that we hear from time to time in our culture. We want to lean to Jesus’ side in our understanding of this important grace.
- This week we celebrate the New Year. What better way to start 2016 than with a forgiving heart? Just imagine the freedom of a great heart cleansing! Exciting.
- On January 10 we start our new evangelism/mission series called “99+1”. As we’ve learned before, we will be on mission more when we are flooded with the compassion that comes from our daily encounters with Jesus. The discipline of forgiveness will only help us as we continue to look at others the way that Jesus sees them.
So, here’s what I want you to do:
- Show up and invite:
- Don’t let the theme keep YOU from attending. Ask the Lord to help you get there and bravely approach this theme with confidence. FYI, His ways are best. ☺
- Invite those in your life who have difficulty with forgiveness. Or, if they aren’t that self-aware, invite those who are having a hard time with bitterness and anger from the way they have been treated in the past. Be gentle. ☺
- Join me in praying that the presence and supernatural power of the Lord will lead us into more freedom.
- Anticipate . . . with me.
I’m praying for you. Let’s keep talking about Jesus,
PS – I think you’re cool!