Friday, July 6, 2012

Love Looks Like Something

The sermon series we had been doing recently was entitled "Love Looks Like Something" - and, for "Mama Heidi", a missionary in Mozambique, love looked like building a well.  What will love look like for Point of Change?

I think these past "marketing" activities we did on the 4th of July - passing out water bottles at Miller Park, for example, shows what love looks like for POC.  I overheard Zac, one of our launch team members, talking about "next year" when we did this, what we would do, etc.  (And "next year" we'll be a church, not a launch team!)  I loved that forward thinking!  This wasn't just a marketing event to get brand recognition.  It was also love.  A free bottle of water on the HOTTEST DAY EVER... love looks like something.  Loving your community can be that simple.  :)

What kept running through my mind that day was --- why weren't we doing this before?  Because this is awesome! 

I'm so excited that God is using our launch experiences to grow our character and compassion, and to teach us what we should be doing anyway.

Thanks for all your hard work, team! 

Alright well, keepin' it quick, today.  I've got a lot of other things to say, a lot on my mind, a lot of burdens... take it to the Lord in prayer :) 

Pray SPECIFICALLY. 
-C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!