Friday, June 12, 2015

Living on Mission – B|Admonishers

Living on Mission – B|Admonishers

Admonish: to warn or reprimand someone firmly, to advise or urge (someone) earnestly.

“I am fully convinced, my dear brothers and sisters that you are full of goodness. You know these things so well you can teach (admonish) each other all about them. Even so, I have been bold enough to write about some of these points, knowing that all you need is this reminder… Dear brothers and sisters, I urge (admonish) you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to join in my struggle by praying to God for me. Do this because of your love for me, given to you by the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:14, 15, 30)

I dare you to look up the phrase “I urge you” on BibleGateway.com. How many references offer advice or a reminder to someone to do the right thing – a thing they already know they should do?

Is it a missional practice to admonish someone? Absolutely! We are each individual members of one body. I need you to love people, to do the right thing, and to stay tight with Jesus. And you need me to do the same. If we’re not all doing what we should, our shared mission could suffer. We have too much good news to share with folks who don’t know Him yet. We need to help each other stay on track.

Who among us doesn’t need a little prodding now and then to do what we know we ought to do?

Let’s practice Living on Mission and B|Admonishers – urging one another to do what we need to do. Love God. Love people!


Pastor Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!