Monday, July 15, 2019

READ IT! - Introduction to Job 13-19


Readings for this week


Monday: Job 13
Tuesday: Job 14
Wednesday: Job 15
Thursday: Job 16
Friday: Job 17
Saturday: Job 18
Sunday: Job 19


Introduction to Job 13-19

Chapters 13-14 

Job’s friends all have their own opinions about why Job is suffering the way he is. They continue to take turns trying to come up with explanations.

Job said, "
I want to argue my case with God. Be quiet and I will speak. Though he slay me, I will hope in him. God, why do you hide your face? Man is like a fleeting shadow. If a tree is cut down, it will sprout again, but will a man live again? You overpower him forever." 

Chapter 15 

Eliphaz said, "Your own mouth condemns you! Why do you turn against God? The wicked will be like a vine stripped of unripe grapes." 

Chapters 16-17 

Job said, "You're miserable comforters! God has torn me and shattered me. But my prayer is pure. Even now, my advocate is on high! My spirit is broken. He has made me a byword. But come again all of you! I will not find a wise man among you. Where is my hope?" 

Chapter 18 

Bildad said, "Why are we stupid in your sight? Indeed, the light of the wicked goes out. His roots dry up and his branches wither." 

Chapter 19 

Job said, "How long will you torment me? God counts me as an enemy. My closest friends abhor me. But I know that my redeemer lives!" 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!