Monday, July 8, 2019

READ IT! - Introduction to Job 6-12


Readings for this week


Monday: Job 6
Tuesday: Job 7
Wednesday: Job 8
Thursday: Job 9
Friday: Job 10
Saturday: Job 11
Sunday: Job 12



Introduction to Job 6-12

Chapters 6-7 

Job’s friends all have their own opinions about why Job is suffering the way he is. They continue to take turns trying to come up with explanations. Job said, "My misery would outweigh the sand of the seas! You have proved no help. Show me how I have been wrong! Would I lie to you? O God, my life is but a breath! Therefore I will speak out. What is man, that you examine him? Why have you set me as your target?" 

Chapter 8 

Bildad said, "Does God pervert justice? Learn from past generations. He will not reject the blameless, nor will he uphold evildoers." 

Chapters 9-10 

Job said, "How can a man dispute with God? His power is vast! But he destroys the innocent. If only there were a mediator between us! God, why do you reject the work of your hands? You know that I am not guilty! Why did you bring me out of the womb? Leave me alone." 

Chapter 11 

Zophar said, "Should your babble go unanswered? God exacts less than your guilt deserves! Reach out to him and you will find hope." 

Chapter 12

Job said, "Who does not know all these things? With God are wisdom and power. He brings darkness into light. He destroys nations." 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!