Thursday, December 17, 2015

PoC's Great, Great Experiment: Giving the Great, Great Gift of Gentleness in Our Time

In this week leading up to our collective PoC Family giving the Great, Great Gift of Gentleness in Our Time, we "bloggers" have been asked to share our plan for this upcoming Sunday. 

When I first heard of what we would be doing on December 20th, I wondered to myself, What will I do?  Would I rest and refresh?  (I thought this would be the clear winner, because to be frank, I'm tired and I need a nap.)  Would I help the frazzled?  (Well, I do like to be helpful.  So. Many. Choices!)  Would I enjoy community?  (Oh, it's getting tougher and tougher to decide... I do like people and there are lots of people I so want to get to know better!  This means you!) 

This upcoming Sunday, I feel led to express the great gift of gentleness in our time by taking a "thank you" gift to Meadows Mennonite Retirement Home in Chenoa, IL, for the staff who happens to be working Sunday morning in the Alzheimer's wing. 

This week, let us all pray for both our collective efforts on December 20th as well as our continued reliance on God to help us be gentle in our time, always.  Remember, this is not something we maintain on our own, but something that we have true, transformational, long-term success with because of our daily time with God.

"Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."  Matthew 11:29

PoC, enjoy your time with God. 

Blessings,
Pastor Celia

PoC|Coverage is tonight at 6pm!  We'd love to have you join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!