Thursday, April 16, 2015

iPray: 1 Corinthians 10:4

Prayer is really a fantastic (and rather easy/quick) way to get our eyes off our "selfies".  As we continue on in our sermon series:  iRock:  The End of Self Revelry, how can we pray in light of our passage 1 Corinthians 10:1-13 (with emphasis this week on verse 4)?  One useful tool is to pray through the acronym PRAY:  praise, repent, ask, yield.  For anyone reading the PRAY IT portion of the blog, let's just go ahead and do that today.  Why not?

iPraiseDear Jesus, Thank you for being my provider.  Thank you for being my sustainer.  Thank you for being ever-present.
 
"For they drank from the spiritual Rock that followed them, and the Rock was Christ."  1 Corinthians 10:4b

iRepentDear Jesus, Please forgive me for the times when I have not trusted You or depended on You, and for when I have stepped away from you to try to meet my own needs in ways that did not honor You.

"Nevertheless, with most of them God was not pleased, for they were overthrown in the wilderness." 1 Corinthians 10:5

iAsk:  (If you have not yet spent time with Jesus asking the questions/praying the prayer posited to us this past Sunday, now would be a great time.  Trust me!  Jesus, myself, (and my ping pong ball, haha!) had the most amazing time on Monday with this, believe it or not!  Here it is:   Jesus, Show me who I am to you.  Show me my true "self."  Guide me in a good and honest discovery of my cravings.  What do I crave?  In what do I revel? 

"Do not be idolaters as some of them were; as it is written, 'The people sat down to eat and drink and rose up to indulge in revelry.'" 1 Corinthians 10:7

iYieldDear Jesus, help me surrender to seeing myself as You see me.  Help me to surrender all my cravings to You.  Help me to trust you to meet my needs and to sustain me.  Help me revel in You.  Help me to be mindful of and thankful that you are ever-present.

"Therefore let anyone who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall." 1 Corinthians 10:12

PoC|Coverage is tonight at 6pm.  Join us as we pray it up!  We're better together, and it's more fun when you are there! 

Pastor Celia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!