Friday, July 10, 2015

Living on Mission – Habakkuk

Living on Mission – Habakkuk

What comes into your mind when you think about God?

Love
Wrath
Grace
Judgment
Aloof
Pursuing

A.W. Tozer said, “What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us.”

I agree with Tozer on this. How we think about God shapes everything about our lives.

How do you think of Him? What if He’s not really the God you thought?

For many years, I thought of God as detached, angry most of the time, and just looking for a reason to smite me. As you might imagine, this view of God promoted fear and respect but not love or adoration. I knew that He loved the world in general, but I didn’t think that God was accessible to me personally. I considered myself a nameless face in an endless sea of faces. I didn’t have any idea He would pursue me. I wasn’t ready or excited to share my view of God because it wasn’t Good News to me and I figured it wouldn’t be Good News to my friends either.

How excited I was to find out that He wasn’t the God I thought! He loves ME! He has a good plan for MY life. He placed me in a body of believers so that we can grow together and work together and restore hope and reconcile relationships and all the things that come with learning the Good News.

Let’s practice Living on Mission and be honest about who we really believe God is – and then ask and allow Him to show us who He really is. Then prepare to share the really Good News with everyone we know.

Pastor Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!