Friday, July 3, 2015

Not the God I Thought: In the Good Company of Habakkuk -- Key Verses

Author:
Habakkuk

Audience:
The People of Judah

Date:
About 605 BC

Theme:
Habakkuk expresses his perplexity that wickedness and oppression are rampant in Judah, yet God does nothing. After God speaks, Habakkuk responds with a confession of faith.

Key Verses:
"How long, Lord, must I call for help, but you do not listen? Or cry out, ‘Violence!’ but you do not save." - Habakkuk 1:2

"Look at the nations and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if I told you." - Habakkuk 1:5


"Oh, Lord are you not from everlasting? God, Holy One, we will not die.” - Habakkuk 1:12

"See, the enemy is puffed up; his desires are not upright—but the righteous will live by his faith." - Habakkuk 2:2-4

"The Lord is in His holy temple; let all the earth be silent before Him." - Habakkuk 2:20

"Lord, I have heard of your fame; I am in awe of your deeds. Renew them in our day, in our time make them known; in wrath be merciful.: - Habakkuk 3:2

"The Sovereign Lord is my strength; He makes my feet like the feet of a deer. He enables me to go on the heights." - Habakkuk 3:19

(Click here to read the entire Book of Habakkuk)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!