Friday, July 24, 2015

Living on Mission When God is Unfair

Living on Mission When God is Unfair

Why would God allow bad things to happen to good people? This is a common question, and a tough one to answer. What do you say when someone asks this?

As a person who has experienced some unfair things in my life, I’ll share with you how I respond.

I don’t pretend to understand it all, but I do know a couple of things; I know we live in a fallen world and bad things are a consequence of that. Bad things happen to bad people AND good people. The other thing I know is that God has turned the worst things in my life into helpful and useful things – ultimately good things.

So, would God really orchestrate His own people being overrun and taken captive by evil people? It appears so when we look at this week’s passage in Habakkuk. Habakkuk asks God, “Why??” It sure seems unfair. But we have to remember that we don’t know the whole story, we don’t see all the way to the end as He does.

Let’s practice Living on Mission and know that He can be trusted to do what is right and what is best in the long run, and He will ultimately bring justice – even when it seems unfair in the short term.

Pastor Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!