Tuesday, September 8, 2015

EXPLORE IT


As we look forward to our third year anniversary, this week’s blogs will be a little different.  Each of the pastors will be sharing about their journey with and how they serve at Point of Change.  I came to PoC a little over a year ago. My ministry focus is on wellness and the young adults.  Wellness ministry encompasses many different areas including, hospital visits and coordinating hospital visiting teams, scheduling meals for those who are being released from the hospital or who would benefit from them, and training and coordinating our Spiritual Listening ministry.  I also focus on spiritual wellness, facilitating the Sunday afternoon Dig Deeper Bible Study as well as writing the Explore It Tuesday morning blog.  I am also currently building our PoC|Wellness initiative, encouraging physical health as well.  We now have a team on the Charity Miles app and we are also recruiting for the PoC team for the Jingle Bell Walk/Run for Arthritis in November.  If you would like more information, please let me know!
I am also focusing on the young adult ministry at PoC for the eighteen to thirty year old crowd.  Every Monday night from 7-8:30pm we gather at my house for a small group Bible Study.  We have been growing like crazy, almost outgrowing our meeting space, as we work our way through the book of Genesis.  Then, once a month we all get together for a fun activity.  These are great opportunities for our young adults to get to know one another, to invite their friends, and to grow in their faith!
I am so excited about this past year and how I have witnessed God’s Hand moving through all of our ministries at PoC and I am looking forward to what God has in store for the year ahead!!
Blessings,
Pastor Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!