Thursday, August 21, 2014

PRAY IT! Hey Jude

Jude 1:20-21 "But you, beloved, building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life."

Though Jude is short and sweet - only one chapter - it includes, like so many other books of the Bible, a call to prayer.  (Hmmm... there must be something to this prayer thing...)  Prayer is not a stand-alone call though.  In addition to praying, we are also building, keeping (or guarding), and waiting.  That's a tall order:  build, pray, guard, and wait!  Fortunately, what we also see embedded in this passage is our wonderful God:  Father, Son, and Holy Spirit!  Thankfully, this call is not something we do alone, or in our own power and strength, but with the help of God!

Dear God,

Thank you for loving me and drawing me close to you.  Thank you for saving me.  Help me to trust you and stand firm in my faith.  Continue to grow me for your good and your glory.  Amen.

Prayer service, tonight at 7pm.  Hope to see you there!

Pastor Celia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!