Tuesday, October 13, 2015

EXPLORE IT - Ephesians 2:11-22; John 17:20-23


Ephesians 2:11-22
John 17:20-23  "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message,  21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.  22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one:  23 I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.
As we continue our look at Paul’s letter to the Church at Ephesus, Paul encourages his readers to seek unity and peace regardless of their background.  The Ephesians were mostly Gentile, but some came from a Jewish background.  Paul encourages the church to come together in unity as “God’s people and members of God’s household” (2:19b).
Paul’s encouragements towards unity mirrors Jesus’ prayer from John 17:20-23.  Jesus prays for all believers, that they would all come together in unity.  This unity requires love and gentleness within the community of faith; within our local church as well as The Church globally.  This unity amongst The Church will allow us to impact the world for Jesus in a much larger capacity than if we work individually.  Our gentle Jesus desires that we love one another, focusing on the essential truths of God’s Word, so that we are able to reach a world who needs Jesus.
How can you better join together with other believers to impact the world for Jesus?
Blessings,
Pastor Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!