Friday, October 9, 2015

Living on Mission – The Gentle Act of Loving

Living on Mission – The Gentle Act of Loving

“But God is so rich in mercy, and He loved us so much, that even though we were dead because of our sins, He gave us life when He raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God’s grace that you have been saved!) (Ephesians 2:4, 5)

These verses get to me. These verses give me hope. These verses model what love does. Love takes action when it is not deserved. My favorite words in these verses are “even though.”

Even though.

These words paint a picture of hope for the marginalized, the forgotten, the prodigal, the lost, the unworthy, the undesired. (We all fit into one or more of these categories, don’t we?) Why hope? Because even though we were – or are – these things, He loves us SO MUCH that He gives us life, acceptance, embrace, forgiveness, and a home. We mean something to Him, whether or not we’ve ever even acknowledged Him.

I’m so thankful for this kind of love. What can I do to show my gratefulness to Him for this kind of love? The first thing I can do is accept it. The next is to testify of this love and demonstrate it to others.

Let’s practice Living on Mission through the Gentle Act of Loving.


Pastor Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!