Wednesday, August 19, 2015

FAMILY IT! - Wednesday Family Devotional - Jesus Move!

FAMILY IT! Wednesday Family Devotional - Jesus Move!

Supplies: Bible; Mirror
SHARE 

Once when I was a kid (a long long long time ago…but not as long ago as your parents…give or take ), I was in a kid’s choir.  At the end of the year it came time for a final concert and we were going to present our director with a thank you gift.  I hadn’t been a part of the choir for very long, so I was surprised when one of the parents said, “And Todd is going to share a few words and present the card!!”  I gasped inside my head and wondered, “Why me?”  I didn’t want to do it.  I asked one of my friends why I had to do it.  He said, “Well somebody has to.”  I thought, “Well, that’s true!  I guess somebody = me!”

READ

We are kicking off 2 new sermon series – Bye Bye Nasty… get gone (Romans, ch. 7) as well as Jesus Move:  Dance til U Can’t Dance! (Matthew 14).  Grab your Bible and check out our passage for today (Matthew 14:13-21).


THINK

In this passage, the disciples tell Jesus that he needs to send the great crowds away because they are hungry and need food.  But, Jesus sees the possibility of a miracle.  He says to the disciples, “You feed them.”  Now, the crowd was GREAT – 5000 men plus women and children.  I’m sure the disciples thought, “Why do we have to do it!”  

How do you think you would feel if you were one of the disciples?  


APPLY

I think Jesus knew that all of us would come face to face with the needs of others.  I think He knew that our temptation would be to ask Him or someone else to simply take care of it.  But, Jesus here, wisely encourages the disciples to step up to the plate and to lean into the full flow of the Spirit and the power of the Lord.  He want them to depend on Him to provide through them.  Someone had to meet the need.  Why not the disciples?  Why not you?

Even though it may seem silly, go to a mirror in your house and say, “Today I will see somebody in need.  I need to ask Jesus to help me meet that need!”


PRAY

Dear Jesus, take my hands, my feet, my voice, my will, and my vision and use me to meet somebody’s need today.  May you receive the glory.  Amen


REPLY

Did you and your family enjoy this devotional blog?  We'd love to know about it!  Our hope is to continue providing this weekly opportunity for families to do a devotion together.  If your family did this devotion, please shoot us an email, text or just post a comment to this blog. 
Blessings,
Pastor Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!