Thursday, August 20, 2015

PRAY IT! Bye Bye Nasty - Romans 7:13-17



I recently updated to Windows 10. In the process, my mouse and cursor have gone AWOL. A task (typing up and posting my blog) that was relatively easy and painless thanks to my suffering through typing class in junior high and high school now has to be done very differently. It's awkward and slow. I'd like to throw my laptop out the window, but that is not a healthy solution. I need help! I need patience! I need intervention beyond my own abilities!

As we continue to make our way through the Romans portion of our two-sermon-sermon series (Bye Bye Nasty/Jesus Move), Paul speaks to the struggle of sin in the life of all Christians.

Just a sentence past our passage, Paul says in Romans 7:18, "For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. "

We need help! We need intervention! We do not have the ability to say "bye bye" to the "nasty" on our own. We need the power of the Holy Spirit.

What shall we pray, then?

-For God's clarity through His Word and Holy Spirit to help us realize our sin.

-For God's love to continue to transform us so that the sin in our lives that matters to God, begins to matter to us.

For God's power through the Holy Spirit to be overcomers - not frustrated and powerless, but victorious.

Dear God,
Please fill me with your Holy Spirit. I desire more of You - Your guidance as to what is helpful and what is harmful to me, and Your power to help me overcome. Please help everything that matters to You, matter to me.

Amen.

PoC|Coverage - tonight at 6pm!

Pastor Celia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!