Friday, August 7, 2015

Living on Mission When We Don’t Get Our Way

Living on Mission When We Don’t Get Our Way

“I trust in You for every heartbeat as long as I’m alive. Your love endures when I wake and when I close my eyes. Help to know You are God, I am not. Remind my soul You’re in control. Praise to the Father with every breath I take, in joy and sorrow - all for Your Kingdom’s sake. Be Thou my vision, be Thou my hope restored. Now and forever, You are my great reward.” ~Tim Timmons

The lyrics of this song remind me of the story of Habakkuk. Tim Timmons is a worship leader, husband, and father of four, and he has incurable cancer. Like Habakkuk, he could ask many questions of God. He could say it’s not fair, and he’d be right – at least in the limited view of this life. Instead of whining and trying to get his own way, Tim chooses to turn on the praise. He chooses to submit to the will of God, trusting in His wisdom and goodness.

“Since Jesus went through everything you’re going through and more, learn to think like Him. Think of your sufferings as a weaning from that old sinful habit of always expecting to get your own way. Then you’ll be able to live out your days free to pursue what God wants instead of being tyrannized by what you want.” (1 Peter 4:1,2)

Let’s practice Living on Mission and give up demanding our own way – trusting God and praising when facing hard times and allowing our times of suffering to remind us that He is God and we are not.


Pastor Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!