Friday, August 28, 2015

Living on Mission – Bring Them Here to Me

Living on Mission – Bring Them Here to Me

“They said to Him, ‘We have only five loaves here and two fish.’ And He said, ‘Bring them here to me.’” (Matthew 14:17,18 ESV)

I’ve often heard the idea that if we give whatever we have to God, He will multiply it and use it for His glory and we’ll be amazed at what He can do with the little that we offer. How true! I’ve seen this played out in my own life. He has often made so much more out of the small things I have offered to Him.

But, this aspect is not what struck me about this passage when I read it today. The thing that stood out to me was the word here. “We have only five loaves here…Bring them here to me.”  Is it the location that matters? Possibly. Maybe, though, it’s the proximity to Jesus that really matters.

Have you ever offered something to God from afar? Oh, I have! Here’s my money, Jesus. Here’s my praise. Catch! Have you ever launched prayers as if from a catapult, hoping they land somewhere in His general vicinity? When I compare those moments to times when I have moved close to lay something at the feet of Jesus, the whole experience is completely different and so is the outcome.

Maybe it’s less about the thing we are offering and more about where we are in relation to Him.

Let’s practice Living on Mission and move very close to give whatever we're offering to Him.


Pastor Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!